113 Crouch Hill
To remodel and refurbish a nursery and preschool located within a 4 storey period property. The property had previously been occupied by squatters and extensive structural alterations were necessary to complete the project.
Description of work
- Clean down all brickwork elevations to remove soot and dirt
- Cut out defective facing bricks and stitch in new brickwork
- Rake out defective pointing and renew. This involved colour matching the mortar using dyes
- Renew defective roof tiling including valley tiling
- Replace missing or broken vertical tiling
- Overhaul all rainwater goods
- Remove the extended fire escape platform and balustrade and fit a galvanised railing
- Remove concrete coping stones to pre-school roof and raise brickwork. Replaced coping stones on top of dpc
- Remove translucent pre-school roof and construct a new warm deck roof
- Remove 4m section of boundary wall that is being pushed over by tree. Remove tree and rebuild wall using the same bricks and matching pointing.
- Remove existing play equipment and surfacing
- Remove canopy to main entrance
- Renew double gates to entrance
- Provide shed on concrete base for pram store
- Provide open bin store on concrete base
- Excavate and cast 450 x 2200 concrete foundation strip for new extension
- Excavate and cast 150mm deep concrete oversight for extension
- Construct extension and link corridor consisting of 302mm thick cavity wall. Outer skin facing bricks to match existing building. Fixed vertically to existing masonry with Furfix channels. Warm deck roof included.
- Strip out and remove all kitchen and sanitary fittings, wall tiling, floor finishes, central heating plant and radiators and food elevator
- Remove door and frame to plant room and enlarge opening including new lintel
- Cut various door openings
- Remove various doors and frames and block up and plaster openings
- Remove existing fire escape exit, remove low level brickwork and install a new pvcu door and frame.
- Internal structural steelwork to support revisions omitting load bearing structure
- Cut opening on floor construction for dumb waiter
- Install new loft hatch including loft ladder
- Overhaul all existing softwood windows and doors
- Provide children’s guard rails to first floor windows
- Provide 3M safety film to all glass in classrooms
- Insulate all external walls with Gyproc Thermaline plasterboard dot and dabbed including plastering
- Install all new fire doors including hinge protection
- Install a new Stannah Microlift
- New tiling, colour co-ordinated mdf laminate panelling to walls and Gradus corner protection.
- New stair nosing and vinyl flooring
- New milk kitchens and WC’s including vanity units, cubicles and wet play benches etc.
- Moved electrical intake into basement and rewired whole building
- New central heating system and radiators to whole building including radiator covers
- Installed glass viewing panels
- Redecorate throughout internally and externally